October 7, 2007

Speer

I was lucky enough to meet and hear from Speer. We recently had at Santa Monica Lounge meeting and Revelations had a great presentation. He later told us about the free 1 hour lecture with speer. So as I always do i keep with my theme and I end up going to see what makes speer...speer.

So I get down to the designated meeting place and it has been changed to a different venue down the street. I head over there and am greeted by Revelations and then introduced to Speer.

I shake his hand and get a great vibe from him, he seemed really laid back and very confident. At this point I realize that no one has really arrived yet and everyone is grabbing a bite to eat. So I get up and grab me something to munch on. I grab a seat and watch everyone trickle in and we all start to small talk.

So everyone starts to trickle in and speer decides to have the lecture outside by some steps. We actually were next to a museum and memorial, it gave a nice back drop.

Speer starts out by giving us his bio and background. He breaks down his game and why he became good so fast. One of the key points that he talked to us about was "Identity", He broke down how he went thru a process of creating his identity before stepping into the community.

He then switched up to talking about Social Circles and how you have to people around you that are value givers and not value takers. As he was giving examples of what a value taker is and acts like a Random Bum walks up and asks if he was giving a class..... The bum then tried to go into a sad story on why he needed some money. The Bum didn't get any money but he gave us a great example of what a value taker was. He also went into good detail about how your social circle should be part of your identity and how everything ties in together.

Speer then went into some of his new theories which will be out in his book later this year ( i think its later this year), all of it was very interesting and very informative. I wont go into details about the theories since its coming out in his newsletters and book later on.

Over all it was a great lecture, Speer had it very well put together.


So in keeping with my theme (learning what makes people great)

I learned that you got to make changes within you to lead a great life. You have to make things happen because you want too.

No comments: