December 19, 2007

El Topo

So I got a chance to sit in at the latest Socal Lair Event and listened to El Topo Give a lecture on routines stacks. We arrived slightly tardy because some of us decided to go racing (go karts) right before the lecture. This was a great Idea since a couple of guys wanted to battle each other on the track. The bad part about the great idea was the part we weren't aware of...We didn't know that we were 7th in line to get out on the track. Being 7th usually means you have to wait a while.

My first impression was this guy isn't Latino..... Every one that I have talked to has told me he was. Then it hit me, I figured he was mixed, later I find that he is half and half. Next he didn't have any type of presence or aura like some of the top guys I have talked too (BradP, APB, Mystery).
He had a very average joe look and feel to him. Once he spoke you could tell he has had some kind of theatrical training, you can tell by the way he talked and moved around. As he began to lecture you could tell that he is a f**** great instructor.

Most of the talk was on the basic MM attraction structure. Here is the basic outline he went over.

  • Opener (opinion/direct)
  • Neg/qualifier
  • Transition
  • Grounding/dhv
  • Frame/cold read
After going over these basic concepts he went into Frames and what they are and how to get someone to accept them. At this point a lot of people got lost since he didn't give a traditional explanation on exactly what a frame is. What he described as a frame was really more of a NLP Pattern and how the Pattern was used to establish a frame.

Frames
Force Frames
  • attraction frames
  • comfort frames

Over all his lecture was great and well prepared.The only down side was that it was a little advanced so most people got lost once the lecture got past a certain point. This definitely was not a lecture for a newbee.


On A side not he also talked about how group theory can be avoided... Asian Playboys BLP anyone??

3 comments:

El Topo said...

YO yo...
this is one of the better posts of notes taken that night!
Man you don't want to give away all my secrets.
I am going to link this to email and posts.

Word

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

I set up the Boston lair talk El Topo did a few days before he did yours.

I linked this post on Boston Lair.

If anyone posts notes about the Boston talk and I send them to you will you post them on the S. Cal boards?

DocHollidaypua AT GMail DOT Com

4-5-6 said...

Yeah...

Thanks for reading guys!