March 28, 2008

Poker

WOW. this thing is hard to keep up with!!

But the key things is that I forgot that this blog isn't just about PU its about me and what goes on around me. I forgot that this is a place where I can put my thoughts down and reflect.

Oh well Lesson learned.

Back to Poker!!! Yeah baby! Well not really.

I used to play poker a while back but it seemed that it was beginning to consume my life so I decided to stop. I was a No Limit Hold'em tournament player at first and I did fairly well, I even won a couple of tournaments here is L.A and in Vegas. Then I transitioned in cash games, but Poker is a real Grind just like the pros say it is. To be honest I could have made a lil cash with Poker but I couldn't sit at a table for 8-10 hrs a day.


So fast forward to these past weeks and I am playing again, but as we all know you cant just jump back in to something and expect to be as good as you used to be. Well that turned out to be the case. I jumped back into some low limit hold'em and played for a week or so and lost a couple hundred. So I decide that maybe No Limit might not be my game anymore and I have had my eye on 7 card stud. So I decide to jump on a low limit game so I can play and understand the dynamic of the game. I definitely enjoy 7 card stud more than no limit, but unfortunately I am playing like a donk and still loosing money.

What a mental roller coaster ride its been, its like I am back at square 1 and have to work my way up all over. I guess only time will tell if I can get back into shape with poker or not.

No comments: