June 17, 2007

1 year anniversary

Wow I cant believe that it has been a whole year since I started this. Time seems like it has flown by so fast. I don't know how one would go about celebrating an anniversary as a PUA. I thought about going out and having a blast, opening set after set and pushing myself like there is no tomorrow. But I can do that any day, any time and there wouldn't be anything special about it. So instead of looking to make myself better, I thought maybe its time to actually sit back and reflect on what I have been thru and how I have changed and grown.

Now that i look back I think I have made some huge leaps in certain parts of my life, and still need to make some changes in other parts. I have come a long way, but its still a small step in my over all plan. My PUA skills have improved and for some odd reason it has become much simpler, but me as a person , thats where I think thats where the biggest change has come about.

I remember Bigsend Inviting me to a Wine tasting that was being hosted by Ulysses, it was my first real taste of being social in an environment that was meant to be social... And I knew nobody....... This was an experience that I will never forget. This situation really showed what type of person I was (good at heart, but shy.. very very shy). I think i didn't talk to anyone for the first hour at all.... I think I said Hello to Ulysses and that was because he was the Host. Over all that whole night I think I talked about 30 min combined. The whole night was great but I didn't have fun, Not because of the people or environment, because I didn't know how to have fun while being social (actually i didn't know being social was fun).

If I were too narrow it down into 3 categories and break down how I grew and became who I am now it would be something like this.

  1. People(25%)
  2. Theory(15%)
  3. Experience(60%)
People:

Honestly I think this was the the most influential part of my growing. If it wasn't for the people that I have meet along the way I don't think I would have been able to make as much progress as I did. If it wasnt for the great people that I came across I think i would be lost in this self help/Pua world. I also have to acknowledge all the bad people I came across with. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have seen some of the mistakes and learned from watching them.


Theory:

Thank god for books, I think I have read more in this past year then my whole 4 years in high school. I find my self in bookstores more often than ever, I cant imagine not being able to read a book. Everything that one needs to know about anything can be found in a book.

Experience:

I think this is the crucial element that make or breaks anyone trying to become somebody. If it wasn't for these experiences I don't know if I could tell if i had grown or not. Going out there and trying new things gave me the confidence that I needed to improve myself. All the times that I didn't succeed just made me stronger and gave me a different type of lesson, a lesson that you cant get by being successful. A lesson that pushes you and make you grateful when you do succeed...and it really put things into perspective.



Its been a great journey, and I am glad I am on it. I have meet great people and made great friends. In the beginning I wouldn't have imagined that changing who you are, in order to make yourself the best possible you, would take so long. I guess changing 20+ years of conditioning takes a lil more than 1 yr.

No comments: