May 27, 2007


So I finished my second day of Motorcycle school (MSF). The First day was pretty boring and really laid back. The Second Day was intense.... Wow!!!! the second day was completely 180.


So i get there for the 1st day and check in, they hand out a bunch of paper work for us to fill in. They gave us a hand book that went over most of the basics, we were to read it and fill out the questions at the end of the booklet. This was pretty easy, Plus we got to do it as a group, unfortunately most of my group was not very social. For the next 5 hrs we all sat around watched some videos, read the booklet and discussed. Over all this was pretty boring, which made me take the material a lil lightly. The night before our first class I went only line a read the booklet which made me a lil over confident going in to the 1st night.


Now the 2nd day was a complete opposite of the 1st, the energy level was completely high. Every one was all hyped up even myself. I was a little nervous and I could tell the same about 3-4 other guys out of our group of 12.
So we meet the instructor and he is ridding a Monster Sport Bike..... This thing was huge!!! I cant even describe the way I felt when I saw it... So after role call we get our gear and walk over to our Bikes. At this point the Instructors ask how many have never been on a Bike before, it turns out that the 3-4 guys that I noticed that where nervous where the ones that have never been on a bike.

I dont know about most peoples experiences when it comes to learning how to ride a Bike, but this shit is hard to Learn. I know how to ride a regular bicycle and I know (or used to know) how to drive Manual, so how hard can this be right?

This was hard!!!! I am so glad I am taking this MSF course, I honestly don't know how I could have learned on my own. The coordination that is needed is insane.... You really have to be careful. Its a difficult at first but once you get used using all your 4 limbs at the same time it just become less difficult.

One Crucial Lesson that I learned you cannot have your fingers on the front brake and the accelerator at the same time!!! I Almost Fucking ATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.. That was a wake up call.... I Have mad respect for a bike now, whether it a 150cc or 1300cc. I don't know what happened but as I was coming to a cone (the last cone before stopping) I squeezed the clutch, brake and accelerated at the same time... I don't know what I was thinking (that was probably why it happened). The Bike revved up and that fucking got me all scared so I panicked and I think I let go of the clutch a lil, this made the bike move forward. For some reason the Bike didn't stop and I went over a piece of concrete that surrounded an Island of grass and trees. After that island was nothing but street and cars!!!! I didn't want to go into traffic so I decide that my best option is to jump off! So as soon as I start to jump of the bike starts to wobble and loose balance Half my body made it off as the bike started to slide down the other, so the bike kept sliding and stopped at a tree about 2-3 feet away.

That was a close call... one of the instructors came over and asked if I was ok, I told him I was and he picked up my Bike.

Tonight is day 3 and the instructors said that this was going to be the most difficult, hopefully there wont be anymore close calls.

No comments: